I’m new, help!
Who are we?
We are imperfect humans who have experienced the love and grace of God which has ignited our hearts to be Christ followers, living by the Word of God and His Holy Spirit. We are in pursuit of the will and way of the Father, aiming to live a life worthy of the calling to which He has called us.
2 Corinthians 5:20
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
We invest in each other, for growth in the knowledge and experience of God. We train and equip using 4 values in our journey as a community of believers. Belonging, Believing, Becoming and Being sent.
What are we about?
We believe in the living God, who is the source of life. He has declared those who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour to be His children, and by His Holy Spirit, walks with us daily. We want everyone to know God personally, knowing who they are in Christ. We belong to God and walk in obedience to His word. We aim to train and equip ambassadors of Christ so that their lights might shine brightly for the Kingdom of God. There is no greater privilege than to be loved by God, shaped by God and living for His glory.
Ambassadors of Christ
Protecting and Promoting Kingdom Interests
- Ambassadors to foreign countries are responsible for protecting and promoting the political and commercial interests of the Kingdom which includes protecting the welfare of any Kingdom citizens living under their jurisdiction.
- The land on which each embassy is located (Church buildings and property) is regarded as the sovereign territory of the nation whose embassy is located there
- This includes property in the name of ambassadors who belong to the King
1 Cor 6: 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
- The sovereignty is recognised and respected by the host nation as well as other nations
- As Christ ambassadors, we represent the kingdom government of God. Diplomats of His kingdom in this world.
- Ambassadors achieve this by giving speeches and meeting with foreign ministers, labor union leaders, cultural leaders, business people and other individuals to promote certain viewpoints, bills or practices of the Kingdom of Christ…
- When Kingdom citizens living or visiting abroad get in trouble with foreign legal systems, it is the duty of ambassadors to help ensure that these individuals are treated justly and—if it comes to it—tried and sentenced justly as well.
- Ambassadors also protect Kingdom interests by reporting back to The Kingdom authorities (prayer) about political, commercial, militaristic and other relevant activities and discussions going on within countries or organizations. Phil 4: 5Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. 6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Maintaining Diplomatic Relations
In addition to promoting and protecting Kingdom interests abroad, ambassadors must also take into account the interests of the foreign countries they reside in. Jeremiah 29: 7And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be carried away captive, and pray to the Lord for it; for in its peace you will have peace.
Their goal is to maintain diplomacy, or a peaceful and respectful international relationship.
This involves taking an active interest in both the political and cultural atmosphere of a foreign country, such as by attending and/or giving speeches at local events, organizing and participating in charitable projects and visiting and meeting with individuals in different communities.
Organizing Visits and Welcoming Visitors
One of the best tools ambassadors can use for helping to protect and promote Kingdom interests abroad—and for helping to maintain diplomacy—is to have Kingdom leaders visit the foreign countries (places of worship where the church meet) they are in and meet with local governments and businesspeople.
Kingdom ambassadors thus serve as the go-between or introduction-maker between visiting Kingdom dignitaries and local officials. They also help educate visitors about particular cultural and political customs, local histories and current events.